Are you are longing for a change in your life?
The Arkansas Yoga and Therapy Center’s training is grounded in deep roots of tradition with a strong positive community and is a complete, in-depth,
VariYoga teacher training program.
With extensive understanding and dedication, we have developed a comprehensive certification program which covers a broad spectrum of subjects important to safety, confidence, and awareness in the teaching of and practicing yoga.
During our training, you will learn specific VariYoga sequences for flexibility, strengthening, and balance training to maintain or improve health and independence.
Our program also includes the fundamentals of Sanskrit and its place and use in yoga, including the names of poses and flows, chanting, mantra, kirtan, and philosophy.
Additionally, through our training, you will develop an understanding of the purpose and implementation of props to make yoga accessible to all abilities, and learn about safe and appropriate variations of common asanas for a range of physical abilities (chair, mat/bed, standing).
Elements of our teacher training program include:
- Teaching Methodology, Anatomy and Physiology
- Philosophy as it relates to yoga
- The therapeutic benefits of VariYoga (a safe, accessible, sustainable, and adaptable) practice for everybody)
- Alignment in Asana (poses) and Vinyasa (flow practice)
- Practicum teaching opportunities to put to use the principles learned in each training session.
Our trainings are created to be safe and accessible for all.
With passion and commitment AYC has been educating and graduating quality yoga teachers for more than two decades. AYC was one of the first schools registered with Yoga Alliance and has maintained registration since 2001. Our program allows graduates to register with Yoga Alliance at the 200-hr RYT level.
200 (RYT) VariYoga Teacher Certification in 2022
In addition to the physical education necessary to safely teach yoga, a host of non-physical aspects are covered such as:
- communication skills
- respect for self and others
- the importance of yoga Philosophy and Meditation
- living a healthy lifestyle with high ethical standards.
Our instructors share a wide range of training and are extraordinary guides in providing an in-depth experience for our trainees.
They have a strong commitment to teaching, and a profound connection to the practice and study of yoga.
AYC’s yoga teacher education and certification program enables you to fully immerse yourself into a system that helps you develop the tools to become a knowledgeable, confident, and empowered teacher.
We hope you will consider the Arkansas Yoga and Therapy Center for your 200-hr Yoga Teacher Certification in 2022.
Faculty: Founder and Director Andrea Fournet, CVYT, C-IAYT, ERYT-500, YACEP will lead our 2022 VariYoga Teacher Training program. Our faculty brings to our certification programs over five decades of combined experience in educating and instructing students and teachers in the many different levels and kinds of yoga.
Dates: February – July 2022
In addition to the above comprehensive certification program the training involves:
- Eight Immersion Weekends – to learn and develop your understanding of the benefits and practice of VariYoga, and how to educate your clients and students in these amazing safe, accessible, sustainable sequences, which were developed and taught by Andrea Fournet and Bryan Fowler.
- In addition to learning the VariYoga method, you will be studying Pranayama, Meditation, Anatomy, Yoga Philosophy, and Sanskrit.
- Three additional weekend workshops will cover topics related to VariYoga
- 10 Practicum (6 VariYoga warm-ups and 4 VariYoga sequences) to be taught in a public class at AYC. Maximum 2 per class.
- Written open book test